Welcome to the new (and improved) TGDB forums!

• administrators

We are pleased to announce that the forums are back! However, we did lose the old forums in a data corruption situation. Since the old forums were so overridden with spam, we decided to start fresh with a system that should prevent that from happening again. We apologize for the loss of the old content.

IMPORTANT: If you were a previous moderator on the forums, please contact us and we will get you set up with your correct permissions after you have re-registered on the new boards.

We really appreciate the continued community efforts, even while the forums were down, and we hope you guys enjoy the new ones! Let us know if there is anything you’d like to see added or changed with the new forums. Thanks!

• administrators

At launch, there was a small issue when registering for the forums.

This has since been fixed, and you should be able to create your account successfully.

Lead Developer for TheGamesDB.net

• I really don’t think you need both spam countermeasures, but registration did work after a couple of tries

• Hi I have tried to register on the main page as there are a couple of games in my collection not in the database. I cannot register as the page says “Enter the words below
    Invalid site key. Please see the FAQ.”

Please can you tell what I need to do?

Thanks

• administrators

@kochane it seems that google have released an update to their recaptcha system which we use to prevent bots from registering on the site, we will have to update the main site to reflect this. So currently, registering for new accounts will not work.

I will take a look at this today, and post up here when it is fixed. Thanks for spotting the breakage and letting us know about it.

Lead Developer for TheGamesDB.net

• Thanks, awesome that the forum is online again!

Registering worked fine for me, no problems here. I guess everything has been fixed by now ;)

• to help with getting less spam have you thought about using http://www.stopforumspam.com/ and integrating it in to the new forums