node-webkit Desktop Application
I’m developing a desktop application for keeping track of games I own and played/finished.
- It will be a node.js based desktop application to provide maximum UX flexibility with HTML5/JS.
- I will use node-webkit’s local storage as much as possible to store game info as JSON.
- If I’m not wrong, node can work with file system., so I’ll also try to cache images locally.
- I’ll try to mimic the UI/UX of the Battle.net Desktop App for starting.
I’ll post the screenshots as I progress. For now there will be these features:
- Add/Remove Game to archive list.
- Browse Games by platform, genre, year
- Search Local Archive
- Flag Game As Completed
- View Game Details, including videos, screenshots and all the info exists in thegamesdb.
I’ll appreciate constructive critics and new ideas. Happy games!