Api Not finding some Arcade Games

• I have done a search for 1942 but does not find it in the main search and API but when i try to add it, it finds it with the gameid of 202. some help would be much appreciated.

thanks

• administrators

I think the search engine isn’t good at finding games with only 4 characters and even worse when they are numerical. It needs to be overhauled.

• This seems to be a problem with games like 2Xtreme and 3XTreme, as well. I checked out the elesticsearch code (which I am not familiar with - had to look up the documentation), but I think it can be simplified. Correct me if I’m wrong, @smidley, but the search term words are treated as individual keys (seperated by spaces), so the way it’s written seems to be searching keys twice. Also, 2XTreme would search as ‘IIXTreme’, correct? That’s a wrong translation. I think it would be best to split the searchTerm on spaces, add a translation for each numerical key (not replace), join the array back, and then set a reasonable match percentage. Anywhere from 50% to 100*originalKeysCount/newKewsCount (or something like that).