API Request

This is where you can request API access. Please be sure to mention what your use case is and if possible a link to the project.
Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.
Forum rules
API Keys (unique userpage)
Usergroups (request API Users access here after posting a new topic below)

Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.

Please do not request keys as end users of another project, as those projects should request and properly implement their own keys. Key requests of this nature will be removed in the interest of more efficiently handling project requests. Assistance may be available upon contact for projects experiencing issues utilizing the current API.
balderdashian

API Request

Post by balderdashian »

Here is the project:

http://tiltedarcade.com

My plan was to include a cache of TGDB xmls in my project and only scrape the site for newer games. Or I can just not even include any scraping and simply use my key for development. I'm happy to follow any restrictions you require.

Zer0xFF

Re: API Request

Post by Zer0xFF »

Hi there,

You've been granted an API key which you can access through this page.

please check the Announcement forum on regular bases to ensure compliance with any changes or updates.

Regards
Zer0xFF
Regards
Zer0xFF

Zer0xFF

Re: API Request

Post by Zer0xFF »

balderdashian wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:51 am
My plan was to include a cache of TGDB xmls in my project and only scrape the site for newer games. Or I can just not even include any scraping and simply use my key for development. I'm happy to follow any restrictions you require.
it's up to you how you decide to mange this, but a mirror or a cached list is usually advised.
for apps, its usually best to get the data as required by the user, then cache that to avoid duplicate calls, noting that each IP (user) can make 1000 requests a day.
Regards
Zer0xFF