API key request

This is where you can request API access. Please be sure to mention what your use case is and if possible a link to the project.
Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.
Forum rules
API Keys (unique userpage)
Usergroups (request API Users access here after posting a new topic below)

Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.

Please do not request keys as end users of another project, as those projects should request and properly implement their own keys. Key requests of this nature will be removed in the interest of more efficiently handling project requests. Assistance may be available upon contact for projects experiencing issues utilizing the current API.
iacobus

API key request

Post by iacobus »

Hi! I'm writing a script to catalog my collection. The script can read barcode data straight from the webcam using Linux tools, and it will be able to look up for game data in online services.

I've found that most services are very US-centric, with most PAL EANs not registered. You might be lucky with UK games, but for the rest of Europe it's harder to get a match. That's why I'm writing a script that makes me convenient to type things in, but at the same time saving me some keystrokes if there's already a match.

I'd kindly request a key to access your API. The script is open-source and available on Github [1] in case it's useful to someone else, so it would use a public key (please, correct me if I'm wrong about the purpose of public keys).

May I also ask a couple of questions?

1. Is /v1/Games/ByGameID the correct entry point to search games using EAN data? It seems some apps use TGDB to identify games from their EANs, but I'm not sure of how to do it just from reading the docs.

2. Isn't there an automated way to upload my own data, is it? I'd like to upload the stuff I end typing myself...

Thanks in advance.

[1] https://github.com/jaragunde/videogame- ... de-scanner

iacobus

Re: API key request

Post by iacobus »

Allow me to bump this thread, since all newer requests have been answered but this one didn't :roll:

Feel free to ignore the questions I posted earlier, I'll experiment with the API once I get access, and find my own answers. Thanks in advance!

edirol

Post by edirol »

Hello.

Sorry, my bad, i didn't see your request.

You've been granted an API key which you can access through this page.
Please check the Announcements forum on a regular basis to ensure compliance with any changes or updates.
Documentation is available here.

As far as i know, we don't have any EAN data in DB.
Currently there is no automated way to upload.

Good luck!

Zer0xFF

Post by Zer0xFF »

1. Is /v1/Games/ByGameID the correct entry point to search games using EAN data? It seems some apps use TGDB to identify games from their EANs, but I'm not sure of how to do it just from reading the docs.
no, this ID refers to TGDB ID, so if you matched a game before, you can create a lookup table barcode <-> TGDB ID.

there isn't an automated way to upload stuff, as we have too many devs using the API, and allowing that would cause chaos,

however, if you need something to be mass updated, get in touch (discord is the best way, link on the homepage, right column) and we'll see what we can do.

EAN would be an interesting addition to the DB, I already have a list, which I never got around to matching it up to upload.
Regards
Zer0xFF