RetroPie Scraper

This is where you can request API access. Please be sure to mention what your use case is and if possible a link to the project.
Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.
Forum rules
API Keys (unique userpage)
Usergroups (request API Users access here after posting a new topic below)

Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.

Please do not request keys as end users of another project, as those projects should request and properly implement their own keys. Key requests of this nature will be removed in the interest of more efficiently handling project requests. Assistance may be available upon contact for projects experiencing issues utilizing the current API.
piter005

RetroPie Scraper

Post by piter005 »

Hi. Not sure I need an API but I would like to scrape a retropie collection of games. I used emulationstation but it seems to sometimes work and sometimes not. Was trying to use a retropie scraper or skyscraper (without emulation station being on) and I cannot do that. I would like to especially scrapes creenshots and video. Do I need API for this? How can I use it?

edirol

Re: RetroPie Scraper

Post by edirol »

Hello.

You don't need API key to use scrapers as user. Devs should implement it into their apps. As far as I know Skyscraper dev has already requested a key.

emmausa

Post by emmausa »

If you use classic game emulators, there may be a way to manage images and videos in each individual emulator. Each emulator has its own way to configure screenshot images and videos. This does not require using an external API. slither io

karausa

Post by karausa »

good