API Key Request for Upcoming Project

This is where you can request API access. Please be sure to mention what your use case is and if possible a link to the project.
Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.
Forum rules
API Keys (unique userpage)
Usergroups (request API Users access here after posting a new topic below)

Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.

Please do not request keys as end users of another project, as those projects should request and properly implement their own keys. Key requests of this nature will be removed in the interest of more efficiently handling project requests. Assistance may be available upon contact for projects experiencing issues utilizing the current API.
AgentEnder

API Key Request for Upcoming Project

Post by AgentEnder »

Hey!

I am working on a project that will allow users to login and rate game compatibility across systems. I would like to have a good autocomplete search for game titles, and believe that this API should be one of the best solutions.

The site will allow search by platform as well. The API would only be hit if a user's search does not hit any current results in the projects database, which would be used as a first layer.

I would also like to use the game image capability for displaying on the rating pages.

Thanks!
Craigory

edirol

Re: API Key Request for Upcoming Project

Post by edirol »

Hello.

You've been granted an API key which you can access through this page.
Please check the Announcements forum on a regular basis to ensure compliance with any changes or updates.
Documentation is available here.

Good luck!

AgentEnder

Post by AgentEnder »

How should I go about making requests given that the server does not indicate cross origin requests are OK?

I am building a web app, and chrome blocks the calls.

Zer0xFF

Post by Zer0xFF »

Hi @AgentEnder,

At this moment, we have no plan to enable CORS.

But i do have few comments about what you're doing,
1) If we're not the 1st layer, thats great, but a better solution, instead of requesting this info client side, you should do it server side, and then you can update that 1st layer with the results.
2) using our api for autocomplete is not a great idea, we just dont have the resources to recieve 17 requests, because a user is typing in final fantasy, and to prevent this type of pattern, we have a monthly api limit.
3) if you want an autocomplete feature based on our database, you're free to use the weekly json/mysql dump and build an elastic search based on it, and can then ofc keep that database updated using the update api endpoint.
Regards
Zer0xFF