API request for use in self made MAME GUI app

This is where you can request API access. Please be sure to mention what your use case is and if possible a link to the project.
Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.
Forum rules
API Keys (unique userpage)
Usergroups (request API Users access here after posting a new topic below)

Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.

Please do not request keys as end users of another project, as those projects should request and properly implement their own keys. Key requests of this nature will be removed in the interest of more efficiently handling project requests. Assistance may be available upon contact for projects experiencing issues utilizing the current API.
SuperComDeep

API request for use in self made MAME GUI app

Post by SuperComDeep »

High staff!

I have created my own Java GUI app as a front end for the MAME emulator (Multiple Arcade Machines Emulator) by MameDev.org.
The app launches the MAME emulator engine by its command line feature, passing in the console to be started.

To make it look better I query console graphics (cover art) from IDGB.com, but I have found that quite some of the results are erroneous and a few titles do not yield a resulting image at all. That means I need to manually download around 20% of the console images.

So I now switch to thegamesdb.net. After a few manual tests it has proven to be much more reliable than what I get from IGDB.

The app is entirely for my own use and enjoyment.

Thanks for your great service!

SuperComDeep
Noble Arts Producer

edirol

Re: API request for use in self made MAME GUI app

Post by edirol »

Hello.

You've been granted an API key which you can access through this page.
Please check the Announcements forum on a regular basis to ensure compliance with any changes or updates.
Documentation is available here.

Good luck!