Local game-store project

This is where you can request API access. Please be sure to mention what your use case is and if possible a link to the project.
Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.
Forum rules
API Keys (unique userpage)
Usergroups (request API Users access here after posting a new topic below)

Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.

Please do not request keys as end users of another project, as those projects should request and properly implement their own keys. Key requests of this nature will be removed in the interest of more efficiently handling project requests. Assistance may be available upon contact for projects experiencing issues utilizing the current API.
chanhannigan

Local game-store project

Post by chanhannigan »

Hello hello,

A quick introduction:
I'm a web developer based in Santa Cruz, CA and I'm currently developing a set a tools for a local game-store to help find missing box-art for their products.

I had noticed that the endpoint for GetGame finds matches using logical OR inclusion when searching for a game by name, e.g.
http://thegamesdb.net/api/GetGame.php?n ... 20Portable

The data I have to work with isn't typically 100% accurate in terms of game titles otherwise I would be searching using the exactname parameter.

Is there a way to search for a game using AND inclusion to help narrow down the results a bit?

Thanks!

Zer0xFF

Re: Local game-store project

Post by Zer0xFF »

Hi there,

The site is currently undergoing some changes and the code you're referring to is part of the old(current) site, which while is the current production code, it is no longer maintained.

We have however announce an open beta for the new the site and api which might work better for you.
a quick sample would be the sites new search results found here https://beta.thegamesdb.net/search.php? ... trikeforce.

Note: since we're in beta the new api is still subject to change, the api will also be under restricted access, as unlimited open access of the old api has resulted in a lot of abused which results in site wide and api slow down as you probably noticed browsing the main site or even using the api. if you'd like an api access key, you can send me a private msg and I'll provide you with a key.
Regards
Zer0xFF

chanhannigan

Re: Local game-store project

Post by chanhannigan »

Ahha, thank you for the heads-up.

That's unfortunate about your current public API. Give people an inch and they will take everything you hold dear.