Api Key Request

This is where you can request API access. Please be sure to mention what your use case is and if possible a link to the project.
Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.
Forum rules
API Keys (unique userpage)
Usergroups (request API Users access here after posting a new topic below)

Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.

Please do not request keys as end users of another project, as those projects should request and properly implement their own keys. Key requests of this nature will be removed in the interest of more efficiently handling project requests. Assistance may be available upon contact for projects experiencing issues utilizing the current API.
squiz

Api Key Request

Post by squiz »

Hi,

I'd like to request an API Key please. I'm working on a node app to accompany emulation station https://emulationstation.org on Windows, as the built in scraper has broken. My aim is to have a node app running alongside emulationstation that populated the game xml files. My node app will ask for an emulation api key on first run and will be made public for anyone's use. I know there are other front ends our there, but I just love emulation station.

Once completed, the node app will function as middleware between emulation station and thegamesdb.net, so the scraper built in to emulationstation can function again.

Many thanks,
Sqz

Leo_Pride

Re: Api Key Request

Post by Leo_Pride »

Hello!

You've been granted an API key which you can access through this page.

Please check the Announcements forum on a regular basis to ensure compliance with any changes or updates.

Documentation is available on Swagger here.

Thank you for your interest!
~ Leo
We're curious to see how new projects use TGDB API.
If you have a new public project, please provide a link to it so we can highlight cool new applications! 8-)

Leo_Pride

Post by Leo_Pride »

Also note, I strongly recommend basic testing using the public (IP-based) key, then syncing with the private key, and using the public key for future updates.
We're curious to see how new projects use TGDB API.
If you have a new public project, please provide a link to it so we can highlight cool new applications! 8-)

Zer0xFF

Post by Zer0xFF »

Hi squiz,
squiz wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:00 am
My node app will ask for an emulation api key on first run and will be made public for anyone's use

Please note that keys will not to given to individual users, but the app/script/plugin will need to use public key given to you... or at the very least, a dev that maintain that project or a dev consuming that project in their own project.

Regards
Zer0xFF
Regards
Zer0xFF