API Key Request

This is where you can request API access. Please be sure to mention what your use case is and if possible a link to the project.
Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.
Forum rules
API Keys (unique userpage)
Usergroups (request API Users access here after posting a new topic below)

Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.

Please do not request keys as end users of another project, as those projects should request and properly implement their own keys. Key requests of this nature will be removed in the interest of more efficiently handling project requests. Assistance may be available upon contact for projects experiencing issues utilizing the current API.
GamersDatabase

API Key Request

Post by GamersDatabase »

I'm the developer of Gamers Database app. I'd like to request a key for the new API.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... br.retrodb

Thanks!

Zer0xFF

Re: API Key Request

Post by Zer0xFF »

Hi GamersDatabase,

You've been given access to the API, you can find your key here.
if your app has active users, I'd recommend using the legacy subdomain as you adapt your code to the new API.

please keep an eye on the forum for any changes to the api, the next planned change would be to change the way dev/publishers are listed
Regards
Zer0xFF

GamersDatabase

Post by GamersDatabase »

Thank you!

I'm currently running a web service that checks thegamesdb.net once / hour and pulls all the game data that has been updated since the last check. I then service the app from my own database.

With the new API will there be a limit to the number of requests? I haven't had a chance to review the new API docs, but with the old API, if there were a lot of updates on any give day, my server may produce quite a few queries to thegamesdb.

Thanks for all the hard work you guys put in! I have around 1000 users / day and based on my logs the app is driving quite a few people to thegamesdb so they can add/edit game information.

Leo_Pride

Post by Leo_Pride »

The current monthly limit is 1000 queries, with 20 calls per query allowed, for 20000 total calls.
That's 20000 basic entries, or 10000 entries with screenshots and fanart.
We'll be considering app-key limits on a case-by-case basis once those are fully implemented.
We're curious to see how new projects use TGDB API.
If you have a new public project, please provide a link to it so we can highlight cool new applications! 8-)

Zer0xFF

Post by Zer0xFF »

just to clarify, its 1000 calls, each call can return 20 results, and the update api will return 100 entries per call, so even with the limit, you can make about 33 update call per day, but lets say 1 call every hour, which will give you few spare calls if the changes excessed a single page.
Regards
Zer0xFF

Zer0xFF

Post by Zer0xFF »

Hi there,

You've been granted an API key which you can access through this page.
if you ever go public with your project, please post in this thread notifying us of that.

please check the Announcement forum on regular bases to ensure compliance with any changes or updates.

Regards
Zer0xFF
Regards
Zer0xFF

askpipe99

Post by askpipe99 »

Please i need the api key for my personal project

Leo_Pride

Post by Leo_Pride »

askpipe99 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:35 pm
Please i need the api key for my personal project
You've already filed for an API key twice, this is your third request - and hijacking another project's thread is exceptionally poor form.
What reason do you have for requesting multiple keys, or have you simply not checked the API Key page yet?
We're curious to see how new projects use TGDB API.
If you have a new public project, please provide a link to it so we can highlight cool new applications! 8-)