API KEY REQUEST - historical mindmap

This is where you can request API access. Please be sure to mention what your use case is and if possible a link to the project.
Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.
Forum rules
API Keys (unique userpage)
Usergroups (request API Users access here after posting a new topic below)

Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.

Please do not request keys as end users of another project, as those projects should request and properly implement their own keys. Key requests of this nature will be removed in the interest of more efficiently handling project requests. Assistance may be available upon contact for projects experiencing issues utilizing the current API.
saebaryo999

API KEY REQUEST - historical mindmap

Post by saebaryo999 »

Hello,
I am trying to put in place an app that will show the history of video games. It is an old idea that I had and never could build. New year's good resolutions makes it a truth :)
What is it about? My dream is to create a animated visual timeline of all machines and consoles. From there, we can dig down into components and see what components are shared with which machine. Also, I'd like to dig into years and show which games arrived when. The timeline would be dynamic as you can jump, for example, from Master System to Speedball to Amiga and so forth.
Why doing this? Well, to be honest, because I find it so cool :) It is like a live animated encyclopedia that I always dreamt of. And since I never found one that I liked on the internet, I decided to do it myself. Of course, it could be fun to have people that enjoy the project as well but I'm not doing this for others.

Obviously, TheGamesDB looks like an excellent place to grab games metadata and the link with the machines. I will have to store more info than what is in here but for the games part, it's the Eldorado!

Thanks in advance

Leo_Pride

Re: API KEY REQUEST - historical mindmap

Post by Leo_Pride »

This sounds like a really cool idea that could redefine how we relate to gaming as a whole.
I look forward to seeing what you make with the API.
We're curious to see how new projects use TGDB API.
If you have a new public project, please provide a link to it so we can highlight cool new applications! 8-)

Leo_Pride

Re: API KEY REQUEST - historical mindmap

Post by Leo_Pride »

Hello!

You've been granted an API key which you can access through this page.

Please check the Announcements forum on a regular basis to ensure compliance with any changes or updates.

Documentation is available on Swagger here.

Thank you for your interest!
~ Leo
We're curious to see how new projects use TGDB API.
If you have a new public project, please provide a link to it so we can highlight cool new applications! 8-)