Mupen64Plus-Qt and CEN64-Qt

This is where you can request API access. Please be sure to mention what your use case is and if possible a link to the project.
Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.
Forum rules
API Keys (unique userpage)
Usergroups (request API Users access here after posting a new topic below)

Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.

Please do not request keys as end users of another project, as those projects should request and properly implement their own keys. Key requests of this nature will be removed in the interest of more efficiently handling project requests. Assistance may be available upon contact for projects experiencing issues utilizing the current API.
Presence

Mupen64Plus-Qt and CEN64-Qt

Post by Presence »

I'm the developer of Mupen64Plus-Qt and CEN64-Qt:
https://github.com/dh4/mupen64plus-qt
https://github.com/dh4/cen64-qt

I can either share one API key between the applications or use different keys for each, whichever you think works best.

What is your suggestion for including the API key in open-source applications? It will need to be publicly available in the source code or it will be a headache deploying the application to various Linux distributions. The other option is to provide the user with a field to enter their own API key and have each user request a key.

Zer0xFF

Re: Mupen64Plus-Qt and CEN64-Qt

Post by Zer0xFF »

Hi Presence,

we don't currently have plans to give our API keys to users, however the key you'll be provided will be a public key, so you can have it in your source code.
as for sharing key between app, thats not an issue, if anything our current system would only provide 1 key per user, so you'd need a 2nd forum account to get a 2nd key, just know that means the same user between the 2 app will share the same limits.

finally, due to some pending changes, key requests are on hold, but since you've been using the old api, you can switch to the legacy subdomain for the mean while as we resume normal operation.

Regards
Zer0xFF
Regards
Zer0xFF

Zer0xFF

Post by Zer0xFF »

Hi there,

You've been granted an API key which you can access through this page.

please check the Announcement forum on regular bases to ensure compliance with any changes or updates.

Regards
Zer0xFF
Regards
Zer0xFF

CEN64-Qt

Post by CEN64-Qt »

Presence here. I've created a second forum account to get a another API key for CEN64-Qt. Thanks!

Zer0xFF

Post by Zer0xFF »

done, I remove the private key 6000 request, as there should be a need for you to have twice as much (as far as I know, you shouldn't even need the initial 6000)
Regards
Zer0xFF