out of api calls for my private key.

Need help with your application? Ask here.
tanderson

out of api calls for my private key.

Post by tanderson »

Is it possible to get my Private key reset.

Here is how i burned though the 6000 calls
  • I had an idiot moment.
    I created all of the code required to sync the DB, i watched it carefully for the first few hours, when it got to my Image downloading code it failed it iterate but i didn't notice and it requested the same JSON page 2000 times over the course of 24 hours. (spaced out with a call every minute or two because im not an API abusing animal).
  • it takes 2924 to sync the consoles/games/boxart/genres/publishers/developers (not including the images other then BoxArt)
  • I used a about 400 requests pulling sample update data to determine all of the possible update types because i couldn't find this in the documentation and my other form post was unanswered (i will share what i have found once i verify it)
  • I started downloading images URLs other then BoxArt, while this should only take 55 calls, however there is a TON of pagination when you grab them 1000 entries at a time. This put me down to 0
Code is fixed now but this plus the experimentation burned though the rest of my private API calls. I have since fixed the bug and am ready to try again.

I know the API limit is there for a reason, but if i have to wait 30 days to get my calls back it will delay my project.

(Once i have my code tested and ready i will happily share my Sync script written in PHP with the forum, when called the first time it will download everything, if stopped mid sync it will pick up where it left off. Once a sync is complete it will perform updates as required when run. It saves all the data into a MySQL database and will automatically create the DB and tables if they dont already exist. All images are saved to a file folder sorted in the same folders at the GameDB uses. If its ok with the forum mods i could even post the MYSQL DB backup as a starting point for a sync, that way the script would only have to process the update API to keep up. Should save over 3000 API calls for the next person.)

tanderson

Re: out of api calls for my private key.

Post by tanderson »

Bump, still looking for an answer, it will take months to get an initial sync using the 1000 limit.

Zer0xFF

Re: out of api calls for my private key.

Post by Zer0xFF »

im sorry, I've been away from the past month or so.
I'll be changing the way you can mirror the database, so it can be done in 1 request instead. I might just push out a static json sample of current database so you can get started.

edit:
last_edit_id = 132317 (this can be used with update api to keep the mirror up-to-date there after)
https://cdn.thegamesdb.net/json/all_games.json
Regards
Zer0xFF