Include screenshot and fanart

Need help with your application? Ask here.
Snogs

Include screenshot and fanart

Post by Snogs »

Since there's a monthly query limit...

Is there a way to include screenshots and fanart into a single query like there is for boxart when getting a game by game ID?

I guess what I'm looking for is a way to get all of the information available in a single query by game ID.

Zer0xFF

Re: Include screenshot and fanart

Post by Zer0xFF »

no, box art is considered essential as such they're included within the main games query, screenshot and fan arts are not considered as important as such they'd have to be requested through their images endpoint
Regards
Zer0xFF

Snogs

Re: Include screenshot and fanart

Post by Snogs »

Zer0xFF wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:43 am
no, box art is considered essential as such they're included within the main games query, screenshot and fan arts are not considered as important as such they'd have to be requested through their images endpoint
I'm not sure I agree with that philosophy. Especially when there's a query limit in place.

Not being able to include the screenshots and fanart in the main query artificially increases the number of queries needed to get the information. So, rather than one query being used per game, it would be two needed (if I'm reading the API call properly) to get all of the info. One for the main info and one for screenshots/fanart.

But I suppose I'll figure out something.