apikey stopped working

Need help with your application? Ask here.
muldjord

Re: apikey stopped working

Post by muldjord »

I have never once indicated that I thought it was ok to scrape 50000 roms a month. I am against that myself. I even implemented an entire caching system within my scraper to avoid rescraping from the sources, so it pulls in the data from the local cache instead whenever a user rescrapes the same rom twice. I feel shocked that you would consider my suggestions veiled threats. I am sorry you feel that way.

Best of luck to you guys.

Leo_Pride

Post by Leo_Pride »

In follow-up, you may find disdain in the term "farming" IPs, but either you're acting as a middleman for your users - which you've already been told not to do - which is the dictionary definition of farming IPs, or you're running a server and simply don't wish to mirror as we've asked you to do. Those are the two options here, and neither one looks good on you, so I understand your desire to paint us as hostile to all scrapers.

The reality is, as of this moment, we really only have a problem with you.
We're curious to see how new projects use TGDB API.
If you have a new public project, please provide a link to it so we can highlight cool new applications! 8-)

muldjord

Post by muldjord »

I am ok with that. Rest assured I won't bother you with suggestions anymore.

muldjord

Post by muldjord »

Temper has gone down. Re-reading my posts, I do understand why you would consider me hostile. I would like to apologize for that. :oops:

muldjord

Post by muldjord »

I've re-added the support for TheGamesDb back into Skyscraper using the public key with the 1000 request limit. But I would like to make sure you are ok with this.

So final question: Is it ok for me to use the public key with my scraper, thus limiting my users to 1000 requests per month each? If not, I will take appropriate action and remove the support again. I do not wish to cause you or your service any trouble.

Zer0xFF

Post by Zer0xFF »

muldjord wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:12 pm
I've re-added the support for TheGamesDb back into Skyscraper using the public key with the 1000 request limit. But I would like to make sure you are ok with this.
if we didn't want you using it, we would have just revoked your access.
So final question: Is it ok for me to use the public key with my scraper, thus limiting my users to 1000 requests per month each? If not, I will take appropriate action and remove the support again. I do not wish to cause you or your service any trouble.
thats how the key works, so yes, you can use it
Regards
Zer0xFF

muldjord

Post by muldjord »

Thank you, I appreciate it.