Exact date/time old API stopped working?

Need help with your application? Ask here.
GamersDatabase

Exact date/time old API stopped working?

Post by GamersDatabase »

Can you please let me know exactly when the old API stopped working? I need to refresh my mirror back to that point.

Thank you.

Leo_Pride

Re: Exact date/time old API stopped working?

Post by Leo_Pride »

Pinged ZerO to this thread, legacy API endpoint should be available as read-only, but I don't recall what it was renamed at the moment.
We're curious to see how new projects use TGDB API.
If you have a new public project, please provide a link to it so we can highlight cool new applications! 8-)

Zer0xFF

Post by Zer0xFF »

Hi,

while we started redirecting main site to beta about 2 weeks ago, the api remained alive for roughly another week and I think it was the 2nd of this month that the beta took over the main site.

just a note, if you're syncing your database, make sure to sync everything from legacy (api is still active on that domain), before syncing with the new api.

either way, considering how we're redoing how things worked, such as genre, dev, publishers, it'll probably be best to just do a full sync from the beta site, just not yet, once I'm done with those (genre is done, dev is partially done).

Regards
Zer0xFF
Regards
Zer0xFF

GamersDatabase

Post by GamersDatabase »

I didn't realize the old api was still active. Great!

I've switch all my calls to the legacy address and they seem to be working for the most part. However the call to /Updates doesn't appear to be functioning correctly.

Code: Select all

http://legacy.thegamesdb.net/api/Updates.php?time=30240
returns

Code: Select all

<Items>
<Time>1531228079</Time>
</Items>
Any chance this functionality could be restored while the new API changes are finalized?

Zer0xFF

Post by Zer0xFF »

thats how the api works, you've set the time back half a day (old api takes seconds, new takes minutes), but since the legacy is now read only, it hasn't received any updates in a month (since the Database is now separate) this was set to 29 days has return http://legacy.thegamesdb.net/api/Update ... me=2505600
Regards
Zer0xFF

GamersDatabase

Post by GamersDatabase »

doh! you're exactly right. I was reviewing the new API and got t=minutes stuck in my head. Thanks for the help.