Gamers Database App

Share the project or application that you're working on.
GamersDatabase

Gamers Database App

Post by GamersDatabase »

I've been working on this app in my free time over the past year or so. It's basically an app-version of this website with several added features.

Features:
Mark games you own and or have played to track your game collection.
Real-time price lookup for each game via PriceCharting.com
Powerful labeling system with filters which allows you to create custom lists of games.
Quick links to help buy/sell games, lookup cheats/walkthroughs, download ROMs, etc.
+ Lots more

I direct people to this website to add/edit game information. Then I sync my mirror with this website once/hour. Which then services the app. So it's fairly real-time data.

Link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... br.retrodb

Thanks for this great resource. It's been a lot of fun working on this project.

Kirito

Re: Gamers Database App

Post by Kirito »

I use your app but lately it has not worked very well for me as directing the game on the webpage plus when I add or edit I add data even game in the app does not appear to what this should be

GamersDatabase

Post by GamersDatabase »

Hi Kirito. Yeah unfortunately the syncing feature stopped working when TheGamesDB.net changed over to the new API. I'm working on getting the new API integrated into the app. Hopefully within the week the syncing will be fully functional again.

Kirito

Post by Kirito »

Hello again
I like the work you have done when creating your app a question the error that all the games do not come out anymore and that it no longer updates the games every hour with the web page when you repair it will be an update of the app or it will be an update of your raspardor / espejor, own server)

GamersDatabase

Post by GamersDatabase »

Hey I'm done with the database migration. I'm just putting the final touches on the app and will deploy the update soon. So you will need to update the app through the Google Play store once I've uploaded the new version.

After that the live updating will work again.

GamersDatabase

Post by GamersDatabase »

Hey Kirito, just wanted to let you know that the app has been updated and real-time updates are working once again! Please let me know if you have any problems or suggestions!

Kirito

Post by Kirito »

Hello, I have noticed that your app has some problems with synchronization in a few hours and that when a cover image of a game is replaced on the page your app does not change it to the current one. I was also thinking that you should add advanced settings such as that allows you to choose that for images that load images that do not clearly always load the data (text) but you could choose which consoles if they were loaded to save space in the app users choose which images they want to see and second a order of list of consoles by generations that the most current ones are in the top and the most classic below that would be more comfortable for some of them, since those two advanced options would come deactivated by default so the users could choose if they want to use them. Thanks for your time