PAL Variants being removed from Database?

A place to talk about whatever you want.
Pshyched

PAL Variants being removed from Database?

Post by Pshyched »

I've been adding quite a few games missing from the database, which now have been removed due to "Duplicates" I assume.
But unfortunately, for us PAL collectors the names are completely different, so if we were to add it to our collection, the name is not correct.

The games I added, Asterix & Obelix XXL, Bujingai: Swordmaster, Conflict Global Storm, Deadly Skies III and Dirt Track Devils have different names and different Boxart.

But games like Dance:UK XL have been removed for some unknown reason even though they actually exist.

Zer0xFF

Re: PAL Variants being removed from Database?

Post by Zer0xFF »

Hi Pshyched,

while the database has preference for NA releases, PAL would not be removed unless NA release have already been added to the website,
when it comes to naming differences, the site support adding "alternative titles" to existing titles, and you can make use of that in such case.

Uploading different art boxes isn't currently supported, but we're actively looking for the means to support that going forward
Regards
Zer0xFF

Pshyched

Post by Pshyched »

Okay, I understand that, but im using an app that uses this database and it tells me if a game has been removed.

Still unsure as to why Dance:UK XL was removed on PS2..
Wish there was a way to dispute a removal or atleast debate on why it should be in the database or not instead of being removed altogether.

Zer0xFF

Post by Zer0xFF »

It could have been in error, I've contacted the mod that removed it, and will get back to you once i find out.
Regards
Zer0xFF

StainlessSteelRat

Post by StainlessSteelRat »

Which app are you using?

Big G

Post by Big G »

I have also been adding many PAL variants for different systems. Hopefully they are not removed.

Shotline

Post by Shotline »

Will follow this and once different region art is supported i will uppload a Bunch of art work.
Last edited by Shotline on Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DiogoAlmeida

Post by DiogoAlmeida »

Hey guys! Yesterday I add some PAL versions(US version is up, but with different cover art) and has been removed too. :( Would be great if we can add Platinum versions! Cheers from Portugal.
Last edited by DiogoAlmeida on Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.