Neo Geo mini Samurai Shodown Edition

A place to talk about whatever you want.
Sneltje

Neo Geo mini Samurai Shodown Edition

Post by Sneltje »

Hi,

First of all great forum and keep up the great work.

My question is:

There is no picture of any of the Neo Geo mini Samurai Shodown Edition. And there are four different ones.

And next question how and what are the principles of multigame card for the gameboy and NES or any other system.?

Regardss.

edirol

Re: Neo Geo mini Samurai Shodown Edition

Post by edirol »

Hello.

Sorry for late reply.
What pictures do you mean?
I don't think there we should accept multigame carts. At this moment at least.

Sneltje

Post by Sneltje »

Ok thanks for the reply 😉 👍

Sneltje

Post by Sneltje »

No I was referring to a picture of the Neo Geo Mini Samurai Shodown Edition.
How can we upload new systems?
I know how to do games but how to ad new systems.
Like mentioned above and the new Evercade machine or even 1up Arcade?

Leo_Pride

Post by Leo_Pride »

That's currently restricted to the administration - even moderators, like myself, don't have that privilege.

That said, it makes some sense that the console images were switched to official marketing materials rather than the consoles themselves; in theory, taking just the Nintendo 64 as an example, that would mean 20+ representative images for a console best served by one (literally thousands for every arcade cabinet). In any case, simply being a variant design doesn't qualify as an entirely new platform; reference the aforementioned Arcade category for one very good reason.

Arcade1Up has zero features to distinguish it from any other MAME cabinet.
Evercade shows some signs of developer adoption, and should be included.
If console images return, variations would be appropriate there.
We're curious to see how new projects use TGDB API.
If you have a new public project, please provide a link to it so we can highlight cool new applications! 8-)

Sneltje

Post by Sneltje »

But if this is a site for collectors variations of consoles should be included. Like you said it should be the official picture, not anyone cabinet picture. And no modded console for sure. So if we take the Nintendo 64 like you said there are quite a few official variation on that machine. You got different color variations and a couple of themed variations and pikachu edition. Just to name a few. These can still be part of the collection. And don't forget some use this database for the gameye app. So the collection can be maintained.
But if the admins can only add these how do we get them to ad the missing consoles?

Leo_Pride

Post by Leo_Pride »

They're not missing consoles. They're substantial visual variations, and if console images return, that would be the appropriate venue for them.

As an example, we're discussing folding MegaDrive and Genesis into one entry (as per Famicom, as per SFC) but that has to wait - to some extent - until proper regional support is deployed.

As it stands, right now, a number of entries technically violate long-standing rules, and I'm only leaving them alone because there are plans to accommodate them in the future. Technically speaking, this is an issue that should be addressed on the applications side, but the current approach is an attempt to meet developers halfway.
We're curious to see how new projects use TGDB API.
If you have a new public project, please provide a link to it so we can highlight cool new applications! 8-)

Sneltje

Post by Sneltje »

Ok fair enough, we will just wait and see!
Thanks for clearing it.
And sorry for my late responds!