Moderation and Website Feedback

A place to talk about whatever you want.
sliverscar

Moderation and Website Feedback

Post by sliverscar »

Hello!

I am using your website for a long time now and I'm glad you continue your work with a more modern framework. There is still a lot to do, but still - great work on the new website, so keep it up! 8-) Ofc I'd like to dump a few questions and some feedback.

Preview ratios (and maybe also placement) of the media art on a games main page are somehow inconvenient; logos are bigger and stretched more extensively than wallpapers or fanart. Will this be changed/fixed?

The old website had a "System Requirements" section for PC games. Will you bring back this information option in future updates?

I was moderating fanart, logos and other media reports on the old website, alongside some other users. Have you already implemented or are you planning to implement a similar function on the new website? I would be interested again in taking a moderator position. :mrgreen:

By the way, what do you guys think about opening a general "Website Feedback" thread? This way you can keep track of all user related problems, bugs and improvement suggestions as users don't have to open a thread every time they got some issues.

Zer0xFF

Re: Moderation and Website Feedback

Post by Zer0xFF »

Hi there,
sliverscar wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:15 am
Will this be changed/fixed?
at launch I realised the logo display was not enabled, so in the interest of time and avoiding confusion (users uploading the logos and not seeing them),
I quickly added code to display them, resulting in the over sized logo, I've since read you post and have adjusted their size (to match fan art/screenshot) and forced the logos to a new line.
sliverscar wrote:
The old website had a "System Requirements" section for PC games. Will you bring back this information option in future updates?
the old info is still in the database, just not exposed yet, but thats something we'll hopefully look into
sliverscar wrote:
I was moderating fanart, logos and other media reports on the old website, alongside some other users. Have you already implemented or are you planning to implement a similar function on the new website? I would be interested again in taking a moderator position. :mrgreen:
moderation tools for the site are still primitive and limited to deleting a game and it's associated images.
sliverscar wrote:
By the way, what do you guys think about opening a general "Website Feedback" thread? This way you can keep track of all user related problems, bugs and improvement suggestions as users don't have to open a thread every time they got some issues.
I think a forum section would be better and more organised, ill see what the others have to say about it.

Thanks for your feedback, it's greatly appreciated.

Regards
Zer0xFF
Regards
Zer0xFF

sliverscar

Post by sliverscar »

Thanks for the info!

By the way, are you planning to make it possible to categorize, arrange and sort favourited games, e.g. like in "playlists"? I think it would be more convenient than the clunky view of the old website and would make navigation within your favourites much easier. 8-)

And is there something wrong with the Upload function, or did you limit the number of uploads possible to 5 per section (fanart, screens, etc)? Because i get a "Upload failed" message upon upload completion and it only happens when there are 5 or more pictures in a section.

Zer0xFF

Post by Zer0xFF »

nothing wrong, upload has been limited to 5 images per section.

nothing solid has been planned yet, though my thought was to display/filter them based on console
Regards
Zer0xFF