2 weeks ago we started redirecting http://thegamesdb.net/ traffic to http://legacy.thegamesdb.net/,
and now in 2 weeks time whats currently known as https://beta.thegamesdb.net/ would be moved to https://thegamesdb.net/
what does that mean to me?
- if you're a user of the site and would like to add new games or correct some game details or add pictures, you'd need to create an account in our forum as the site login is now shared between the 2 site (main site and the forum).
- if you're a dev or a project maintainer you need to start adapting your app to the new json API and should also move your app to http://legacy.thegamesdb.net/api/ (note this will be pending complete shutdown in time, so migrating to the new api once the beta is over is highly recommended) (the current beta api https://api.beta.thegamesdb.net/ would become http://api.thegamesdb.net/)
what will the changes be?
- A maintenance window to change and move the data to the new domain
- The legacy site will become read only (in 2 weeks) pending complete shutdown (Date:TBA)
- Whats currently known as the beta site will take centre stage and become the new database which will be updated by users going forward