Few weeks ago we announced our plans to move the beta site from https://beta.thegamesdb.net/ & https://api.beta.thegamesdb.net/ to https://thegamesdb.net/ & https://api.thegamesdb.net/ respectively and today we did just that, note that we have not disabled the beta subdomain yet, but that will be done in few days to allow dev currently using it to update their apps accordingly, with this change there are few things to note.
- beta has now been moved to production
- users can now signup to the forum and will be able add and edit games
- the new JSON api has seen few changes in the last two weeks,
most notably the change in field names and the introduction of new update api endpoint,
the new API keys now has a limit rate per IP address
- devs can now request access to the new API on the forum
and can find their key here once they're approved
- Genres/Developers/Publishers returned in the API will be changed in time to an array format, this change will break compatibility once it goes live, so please pay attention to it's announcement.
- Legacy site is planned for eventual retirement
and a date will be announced once we get enough traffic through the new site