403 forbidden

Projects, Applications, and API development.
azrael11

403 forbidden

Post by azrael11 »

Try to download and image and i get a 403 Forbidden error but when i put the same directory to browser it is work just fine.

ex : https://cdn.thegamesdb.net/images/origi ... rt/1-1.jpg

The downloader i create works just fine in another sites.
Am i missing something here some properties i must add.
Help

Thanks

Zer0xFF

Re: 403 forbidden

Post by Zer0xFF »

Hi,

Unfortunelty, its not an issue i can replicate, however, assuming the url is correct, then the issue is possibly on cdn side, it might be flagging the downloader as DOS attempt, i can only specult as to why, but it could just be due to the used user agent.
Regards
Zer0xFF

azrael11

Post by azrael11 »

Zer0xFF wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:28 pm
Hi,

Unfortunelty, its not an issue i can replicate, however, assuming the url is correct, then the issue is possibly on cdn side, it might be flagging the downloader as DOS attempt, i can only specult as to why, but it could just be due to the used user agent.
I change the user agent hardcore and it works ... Thanks

julioalvarado

Post by julioalvarado »

can you give me a some help on this? I am getting the same error now and not sure what you mean when you changed the user agent to hardcore. Thank you

edit: Sorry I'm trying to use apikey to get info https://api.thegamesdb.net/v1/Games/ByG ... *****&id=4
Last edited by julioalvarado on Wed May 05, 2021 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edirol

Post by edirol »

I can only guess they meant "to hardcode useragent".

victorpatrick

Post by victorpatrick »

A 403 Forbidden error typically indicates that the server understood the request, but it refuses to authorize access to the requested resource. There could be several reasons why you are experiencing this issue when trying to download an image from the URL you provided.
pge outage map