Incorrect updates

Need help with your application? Ask here.
freelancer

Incorrect updates

Post by freelancer »

The update with edit_id 71441 says that game 60230 (Hotline Miami) should have publisher 2250. No such publisher exists in the database, but a developer with that ID exists and is the correct developer for Hotline Miami. As far as I can tell the update should've said type: "developers", not type: "publishers.

Another update with edit_id 70807 says that game 61785 (Project Cars 2 Collector's Edition) has publisher 7845, but this too should be developer as far as I can tell.

There might be more, but these are the two that I noticed and which killed my update script. I've now modified it to flag the game as dirty and do a full update if it fails to find a developer or publisher by ID in a delta update. I am, however, a bit concerned that these errors would go completely unnoticed if a publisher DOES exist with the same ID as the devleloper (or the other way around).

*edit*
edit_id 70805 (game 50024) and edit_id 70806 (50107) seem to have the same problem.

Zer0xFF

Re: Incorrect updates

Post by Zer0xFF »

Thanks for noticing this,

I believe I know the source of this problem,
I've been removing duplicate devs/pubs entries and so I create a small script to do,
and what I believed happened was, I miss labelled the edit, I'll confirm this later, if so it should effect about 4 developers,
once confirmed, ill just push a new edit with the correct info and ill post an update here.
Regards
Zer0xFF

Zer0xFF

Post by Zer0xFF »

the effected games where [30639, 30640, 32692, 35052, 50024, 50107, 61785, 63070, 60230] and i removed the invalid edit entry and pushed devs/pubs for those games to make sure every get the correct values.
I am, however, a bit concerned that these errors would go completely unnoticed if a publisher DOES exist with the same ID as the developer (or the other way around).
I'd agree, this could have been a problem, an unfortunate over sight on my behalf, I do tend to double check most of my work before it goes out and I'm planning on setting up a staging server to make sure these kind of errors don't propagate out of control (yes we've been living on the edge as of now, with the only safety check, is my double checking skill and edirol keen eyes :P)

edit:
I can't find the post, but was it yourself that asked if we'll be adding hashes/crc to the database? (because that something I'm currently working on)
Regards
Zer0xFF

freelancer

Post by freelancer »

Great, thanks! Appreciate the fast response.

And no, I haven't mentioned anything about hashes.