API Key Request

This is where you can request API access. Please be sure to mention what your use case is and if possible a link to the project.
Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.
Forum rules
API Keys (unique userpage)
Usergroups (request API Users access here after posting a new topic below)

Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.

Please do not request keys as end users of another project, as those projects should request and properly implement their own keys. Key requests of this nature will be removed in the interest of more efficiently handling project requests. Assistance may be available upon contact for projects experiencing issues utilizing the current API.
ianuk2005

API Key Request

Post by ianuk2005 »

Could i get an increase on my private allowance? I want to get a clone of all the PC games rather than have users call the api too much.

Leo_Pride

Re: API Key Request

Post by Leo_Pride »

Hi ianuk2005!

At the current time, we ask that developers correctly batch requests for cloning purposes.
The private key you were issued can handle 20 requests per query, which - coupled with the 6000 query limit - should return 120000 results maximum (60000 with full artwork).
Both limits currently exceed the total number of records in the database.

In general, development should take the path of:
- Initial testing on the public key, currently limited to 1500 queries (30000 basic, 15000 full art requests when correctly batched)
- Full database sync on the private key, using correct syntax this should top out at 120k/60k
- Individual user updates on the public key, which again limits out at 1500 queries (per IP per month)

Hopefully, the dev team can link to examples if they're not already present in the Swagger docs.

Thank you!
We're curious to see how new projects use TGDB API.
If you have a new public project, please provide a link to it so we can highlight cool new applications! 8-)

ianuk2005

Re: API Key Request

Post by ianuk2005 »

Apologies for the late reply, I misinterpreted the request count including the batching.

Is there any further documentation on the update api and potential values? Current plan is to roll out an up to date sql db to each user per application update and then sync locally for each user using the update api.