Website vs GAMEYE app

A place to talk about whatever you want.
PunkRawkSoldier

Website vs GAMEYE app

Post by PunkRawkSoldier »

Hi. I’m new here. I want to know how long it takes for info added on the website to show in the app? Also, are they two separate entities? If I were to add every game in my collection via the website, will it populate in the app and vice versa?

Thanks.

Zer0xFF

Re: Website vs GAMEYE app

Post by Zer0xFF »

that depends on the app, and how the manage/cache the data.

from our end, data is immediately available to API as they're added to the site.
Regards
Zer0xFF

PunkRawkSoldier

Post by PunkRawkSoldier »

I’m using the GAMEYE app. When it comes to adding games to the website, an option to “copy” the info from an existing platform would be really helpful. Or an option to indicate that the game and/or edition is available on multiple platforms.

An example would be Rage: Anarchy Edition. It’s already in the dB for PS3. An option to add it to Xbox 360 would save time for editors. Maybe an option to select multiple systems or a “copy info” option. This could also be applied to games in collections that users have digitally. Just a suggestion.

The dB is excellent, however. I’m enjoying using it. I just want my collection to accurately reflect the editions and systems that I have.

GibGirl

Post by GibGirl »

PunkRawkSoldier wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:11 pm
Hi. I’m new here. I want to know how long it takes for info added on the website to show in the app? Also, are they two separate entities? If I were to add every game in my collection via the website, will it populate in the app and vice versa?

Thanks.
I'm trying to remember from my experience how quickly things show up. I know I've never seen anything not show up after 24 hrs or so - though the images can sometimes take a bit longer to appear in the app. I believe often much faster than 24 hrs - but I've never tried to figure out how quickly.

victorpatrick

Post by victorpatrick »

Regarding whether the website and app are separate entities, again, it depends on the specific platform or service you are using. In some cases, the website and app might be part of the same ecosystem, and changes made on one should reflect in the other. In other cases, the website and app might be developed independently, and the data might not be automatically synchronized between the two.
tunnel rush

sankioa

Post by sankioa »

Game prices are influenced by factors like production costs, player expectations, and the business models of developers and publishers. As the industry continues to evolve, the debate surrounding game prices is likely to persist, and it will be interesting to see how it unfolds in the coming years.