API Key request

This is where you can request API access. Please be sure to mention what your use case is and if possible a link to the project.
Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.
Forum rules
API Keys (unique userpage)
Usergroups (request API Users access here after posting a new topic below)

Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.

Please do not request keys as end users of another project, as those projects should request and properly implement their own keys. Key requests of this nature will be removed in the interest of more efficiently handling project requests. Assistance may be available upon contact for projects experiencing issues utilizing the current API.
Hanappi

API Key request

Post by Hanappi »

Hi,

I'd like to request an API key to complete my home retro game libraries. I will use this key to scrape missing metadata like Year of release and Overview in the first place, and media data only in the rare case, i dont have it already. :D
I thank you for processing my request, and please feel free to contact me for further questions.

Best Regards
Wolfgang

edirol

Re: API Key request

Post by edirol »

Hello.

Could you provide more detailed information about the application / service that you are developing?

Hanappi

Post by Hanappi »

Hello,

i use the Attractmode Frontend for my own personal Retrogames-Collection. I don´t share any data from that collection, it´s just for my personal use. For me it´s like my own Retrogames museum with all the systems i ever had in my life, startet with an TI99/4A in th early 80´s. :D
But i show my collection to friends, and help them when they want to build their own collection.
Also i´m active in the Attractmode Forum, and try to give a little contribute for further development of the Frontend, by making suggestions and discuss details. At the moment i work on tutorials for absolut beginners as i am.

Best Regards
Wolfgang

Hanappi

Post by Hanappi »

Hi,

i don´t know why my reply is still stuck in waiting for approval.
In short words: I would be able to scrape my own private collection, and there are no public purposes at all.

Best Regards
Wolfgang

edirol

Post by edirol »

Let me rephrase my question - what app / service you are developing?

You dont require a key as a user to use scraper function. Developer of the app should have the key built into the app.

Hanappi

Post by Hanappi »

I´m sorry.

I´m using the build-in scraper in Attractmode, and never got any results. I thought it was because i would need to have a key, but now i understand i have to find the reason for never get any scraping results somewhere on the side of the Attractmode frontend.

Thank you
Wolfgang