API Key Request

This is where you can request API access. Please be sure to mention what your use case is and if possible a link to the project.
Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.
Forum rules
API Keys (unique userpage)
Usergroups (request API Users access here after posting a new topic below)

Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.

Please do not request keys as end users of another project, as those projects should request and properly implement their own keys. Key requests of this nature will be removed in the interest of more efficiently handling project requests. Assistance may be available upon contact for projects experiencing issues utilizing the current API.
tomhot

API Key Request

Post by tomhot »

Hi guys,

I have tried contacting you and requesting a password reset several times. Unfortunately, nothing else I could do than create this new account. Sorry about that.

It is Tom here, creator of the GameEx front end. I know the creator of the site will at least know who I am.

(GameEx is a popular front end for Windows.)

I am having some issues with my key and like I said could not get in touch with anyone or even login.

I am assuming its just technical issues as I can't see how I could be banned?

I don't know if this Hotmail email will work for you but could you please get in contact?

I have not used the API since before the v1 URL issues and I don't think it could be a high usage issue.

Thanks.
Tom.

tomhot

Re: API Key Request

Post by tomhot »

I've got confused to actually what account the key is registered to sorry. Can assure you I am not abusing but I can see a key has been issued for this account. It looks like an additional one. I will try it. I am not trying to abuse anything I assure you. Thanks

tomhot

Post by tomhot »

Okay, yes it was actually this account and I was using the private key. Looks like I have unintentionally burned that one out. Ill try the public key. Thanks.

tomhot

Post by tomhot »

PS: If I'm not getting emails on my normal address from you it explains why I used the Hotmail I guess.

StainlessSteelRat

Post by StainlessSteelRat »

Remember the private key is for syncing and the public key refreshes per 30 days per IP (you distribute this key to your users if necessary).