Adding games to the database does not work.

A place to talk about whatever you want.
akaMike

Adding games to the database does not work.

Post by akaMike »

Hello!

So, earlier I was attempting to add a few games to the database that are not currently in it. However I get a pop up that states "X games are already apart of the database, are you sure you want to continue?", I hit yes and receive this error; https://gyazo.com/2dfad69de8b85a1c55fdcb6665190a24. I've tried both Firefox and Chrome and get the same error. The games I've attempted to add are; Pac-Man World 2 for PC, ATV Quad Kings for Nintendo DS & The Hustle: Detroit Streets for PS2. All of which are not currently in the database on the platform stated.

Thanks! :)

Leo_Pride

Re: Adding games to the database does not work.

Post by Leo_Pride »

Did you mean to post a different image?

The one you cited is the standard error for an entry missing fields.
We're curious to see how new projects use TGDB API.
If you have a new public project, please provide a link to it so we can highlight cool new applications! 8-)

akaMike

Post by akaMike »

So, upon trying again today, It allows me to add a game and it actually updates. It no longer does nothing after clicking the save button. However, I still get various errors presented to me as pop-ups before it actually saves and adds the game. Bit annoying but at least it works. Thanks anyways!

EDIT: I just wanted to add, one of the pop-ups i receive when saving an edit is; https://gyazo.com/1921e636f2a689dc8ab779934e68cf05 and upon clicking OK, it just sits on the same page rather than refreshing to update the information. Not sure if this is intended or a bug but I figured I'd share it with you guys.

Leo_Pride

Post by Leo_Pride »

Yeah, you would have to click Back (below the edit buttons) to see the updated entry.

Bit of a mixed bag, as auto-redirecting would show the new listing, but would also preclude further data entry for that editing session.
We're curious to see how new projects use TGDB API.
If you have a new public project, please provide a link to it so we can highlight cool new applications! 8-)