API Key Request

This is where you can request API access. Please be sure to mention what your use case is and if possible a link to the project.
Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.
Forum rules
API Keys (unique userpage)
Usergroups (request API Users access here after posting a new topic below)

Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.

Please do not request keys as end users of another project, as those projects should request and properly implement their own keys. Key requests of this nature will be removed in the interest of more efficiently handling project requests. Assistance may be available upon contact for projects experiencing issues utilizing the current API.
Witherking25

API Key Request

Post by Witherking25 »

Requesting an api for a scraper

edirol

Re: API Key Request

Post by edirol »

What scraper?

Witherking25

Post by Witherking25 »

my own that i'm making for a custom solution

Witherking25

Post by Witherking25 »

I need this to determine what system a rom is for because screenscraper.fr requires me to specify the system to search in and steam rom manager has no notion of “system”. For reference I’m trying to make a web api for scraping roms from screenscraper using just the name of the rom and it’s md5 sum and generating some artwork from the artwork in screenscraper for use in steam rom manager for emudeck. I’d be caching high use images so that srm doesn’t have to wait for the images to be generated every time. And I plan on also caching the system I get from thegamesdb so that I don’t have to look it up from the internet every time.
Last edited by Witherking25 on Thu May 05, 2022 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edirol

Post by edirol »

You've been granted an API key which you can access through this page.
Please check the Announcements forum on a regular basis to ensure compliance with any changes or updates.
Documentation is available here.

Good luck!