Why are certain edits now locked?

A place to talk about whatever you want.
SinCityBlue03

Why are certain edits now locked?

Post by SinCityBlue03 »

I’m trying to edit the region and country of a game and there’s a red lock button on it preventing me from editing. Editing the game title is also locked. Everything else’s is open for editing. Now I haven’t edited games in a few weeks, have there been changes made by this sites developer/owner? Thank you

edirol

Re: Why are certain edits now locked?

Post by edirol »

Hello.

From our Discord:
We have just introduced automated locks into our DB,
The locks will lock titles, region id and country id after 24-36 hours of the latest edit preventing their edits by non-mod users,
This is to avoid unnecessary edits, as these 3 things are not expected to change over time.

If anyone needs to edit a locked entry, you can request so in #request-changes
if you face unexpected issues, do let us know in #support

alchemus

Post by alchemus »

Is there a way to ask for an invite to the Discord server? I was looking around, but haven't seen any way to find the server so far. I add games to the database once in a while, and would like to make a change request for a game title. So it matches with Price Charting counterpart, and therefore, apps like Gameye can match & pull the price value data accordingly. Thanks in advance!
Last edited by alchemus on Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

edirol

Post by edirol »

There is a Discord widget with "Join Discord" button on the main page. Or simply click this https://discord.com/invite/AWrj8qdM?utm ... um=Connect