Request for permission to use Mad Magazine's Official Spy vs. Spy box-art.

A place to talk about whatever you want.
RoryMilne

Request for permission to use Mad Magazine's Official Spy vs. Spy box-art.

Post by RoryMilne »

Hi,
I'm a freelance writer for the UK print magazine Retro Gamer, and I was wondering if I could have permission to use TheGamesDb's scan of the box-art for Mad Magazine's Official Spy vs. Spy for the Game Boy in an article I'm putting together?

If someone from the site could let me know if this might be possible it would be very much appreciated, many thanks, Rory.

Leo_Pride

Re: Request for permission to use Mad Magazine's Official Spy vs. Spy box-art.

Post by Leo_Pride »

We're terribly informal around here, but the governing law of this site - the servers being established in the United States - ought to cover this type of request under the Doctrine of Fair Use (which you may better recognize as Fair Dealing), hence explicitly allowing such limited use for purposes of review, research, and/or education (among many others).

In other words, though we don't believe it's a requirement in this instance, we nevertheless explicitly grant permission to use the requested resources in this manner in the relevant jurisdiction(s), and thank you for asking beforehand.
We're curious to see how new projects use TGDB API.
If you have a new public project, please provide a link to it so we can highlight cool new applications! 8-)

RoryMilne

Post by RoryMilne »

Many thanks, I'm very grateful to you for granting permission to use the site's box-art scan, enjoy the rest of your weekend, Rory.

Leo_Pride

Post by Leo_Pride »

No worries.
I finally found a place that serves an omelet big enough for two meals, so I'm good. :D
We're curious to see how new projects use TGDB API.
If you have a new public project, please provide a link to it so we can highlight cool new applications! 8-)