Need advice for adding new game to database.

Talk about your favorite games!
Monkeyknife27

Need advice for adding new game to database.

Post by Monkeyknife27 »

Hello, I am trying to add a variant of a game that doesn't appear to be in the database.

The game variant is for NBA 2K14. The variant to be specific is the "NBA 2K14 Super Fan Pack" which released on October 15th 2013. The issue being that the game was released physically in a unique PS3/PS4 blue label case. The case did not include a disc inside, and instead included a couple codes which had redeemable versions of the game for each respetive console (being PS3 & PS4).

This is where my need for advice lays. When adding a new game it is requested that the game's platform be selected, the field only shows an option to specifiy one console and I'm sure that's for a reason. But this game fits a strange specification where it lies in both. Should I add the game to both consoles separately through two different entries? One being for PS3 and the other for PS4? Or what? I'd like to do this correctly as I have not attempted to add/update any games to the database. Maybe I am totally off course and I am missing something simple, let me know, please.

Here is the UPC for the game. UPC: 710425473609
And here is an image address to the game if anyone is curious, it really is quite strange.
https://i.redd.it/bexpo6o7osc61.jpg

There is also an Xbox360/XboxOne varient of this that I have not done much research on, but it may also fall into the same issue being that it is 2 code cards marked for separate consoles but packaged into the same case.

Thanks so much
-Monkeyknife27

Leo_Pride

Re: Need advice for adding new game to database.

Post by Leo_Pride »

My apologies for not addressing this sooner.

Your initial assumption - that one unique entry should exist per platform - is indeed correct. In this regard, it's no different from any other multi-platform release.
We're curious to see how new projects use TGDB API.
If you have a new public project, please provide a link to it so we can highlight cool new applications! 8-)