about Games/Updates time parameter

Need help with your application? Ask here.
avatauro

about Games/Updates time parameter

Post by avatauro »

Hello, I have been trying to play with the Games/Updates API.
I noticed something strange about the time parameter: I was expecting it being expressed in seconds, but if i set it to 1440 I get results from 1:59 to 21:37 which is less than one day. If I set it to 1700 I get results from 21:29 of yesterday to 21:37 of today which is almost a day.
How is it supposed to work exactly? I was expecting to get updates for the last 24 hoursby setting it to 1440, but it's not.
Thank you.

Zer0xFF

Re: about Games/Updates time parameter

Post by Zer0xFF »

Hi, it's set in minutes, as I see no point in allowing you to check what was updated in the last 30 seconds.

but just so, please AVOID using the time parameter, last_edit_key is a much much better way, it means, you don't have to worry about calculating the time difference and worry about missing something that was added in that 1 minute you didn't account for.
but if i set it to 1440 I get results from 1:59 to 21:37 which is less than one day
thats because, there wasn't an update EXACTLY 1 day ago, so it would return up to the latests, (but you also need to be sure to check if there are more pages).
Regards
Zer0xFF

avatauro

Post by avatauro »

thank you for your answer

avatauro

Post by avatauro »

Hi again, I tried using the last_edit_key parameter, but it's not acting as a starting point for the resultset. If i query the db this way:

https://api.thegamesdb.net/Games/Update ... XXXXXXXXXX

using any last_edit_key i just get a response with the last 100 updates, and in the next page i get another 100 updates and then nothing, so no matter what i pass in the last_edit_key, i just get the last 200 updates...

How is this supposed to work?

Zer0xFF

Post by Zer0xFF »

it should be `last_edit_id`, I was recalling that from memory.
Regards
Zer0xFF

avatauro

Post by avatauro »

ok, it seems to be working with last_edit_id, but your swagger api page says last_edit_key

apikey *
string
(query)
(Required)

last_edit_key *
integer
(query)
(Required)

time
integer
(query)
(Optional)