Can the umd videos be accepted as psp games or not in the database or should they be deleted?

Talk about your favorite games!
Kirito

Can the umd videos be accepted as psp games or not in the database or should they be deleted?

Post by Kirito »

I have that doubt since I have seen that lately they add many umd psp videos as if they were psp games :?:

hollowdeathcult

Re: Can the umd videos be accepted as psp games or not in the database or should they be deleted?

Post by hollowdeathcult »

Same problem with the GBA Video cartridges. I'm not sure if they should be allowed but ultimately is the administrator's call.

Zer0xFF

Re: Can the umd videos be accepted as psp games or not in the database or should they be deleted?

Post by Zer0xFF »

Hi, I think the common consensus was no, as video don't really constitute as games, but instead as videos.

however, I dont think we've actively removed any of them as well.
Regards
Zer0xFF

sliverscar

Post by sliverscar »

In my opinion UMDs should be removed, this is a game database after all.

Videos and movies fit perfectly into other databases (https://thetvdb.com/, https://www.themoviedb.org/ etc.).

poboy39175

Post by poboy39175 »

Have UMDs been phased out?

Leo_Pride

Post by Leo_Pride »

I believe they're a dead medium, but the entries are still available. At a minimum, we should consolidate the duplicates.
We're curious to see how new projects use TGDB API.
If you have a new public project, please provide a link to it so we can highlight cool new applications! 8-)