A question to fans of World of Warcraft :)

Talk about your favorite games!
Aurelio

A question to fans of World of Warcraft :)

Post by Aurelio »

Hi there!
I am sure that here are a lot of WoW fans on the forum/ Guys, I've got a question to you. Today I found out that WoW had the biggest number of fans all over the world. So I wonder what you like about the game most of all? Give your reasons please.

Iauynde

Re: A question to fans of World of Warcraft :)

Post by Iauynde »

This is something my friends and I have asked ourselves many times since the game was released in 2004. I have been an avid gamer my entire life, and typically my "life cycle" for games is that I have an intense period of enjoyment, followed by eventually beating the game or seeing all that it has to offer, then eventually growing bored of the game and moving on.

I have tried other MMOs - UO, EverQuest, Conan, Aion, FF XIV, Guild Wars 2, etc... Every one of these games except wow has followed the same pattern for me. I have a lot of fun up front, but eventually I grow bored with it and move on to something else.

For some reason, I keep coming back to WoW. Most of my friends who still play have been playing since 2004 as well. I think what we finally decided is that WoW does social interaction a little better than most of the other MMORPGs. It's the people that keep bringing me back to the game. The game itself is just a game. There's lots of good games. But what differentiates wow from the rest is the feeling of playing a game with real people. The feeling of interacting with others. Even if it's not always a great experience, I think in the end people just want to be around other people. For some reason WoW strikes a balance between human interaction and personal enjoyment that many other games haven't managed to capture.

I think of all the MMOs I have played, FF XIV was the closest to capturing that feeling of human interaction with fun things to do in game. However, the difference between that game and WoW is that WoW seems more enjoyable. I think that the designers of the game must spend a lot of time making sure that the game plays smoothly, and that little quality of life issues are placed into the game so that the player avoids minor inconveniences. Things like loading screens, user interface issues. Even looking for dungeons and so forth.... it is all streamlined and feels intuitive. I think that makes it easier to play for long periods of time.

But int he end... it's just the people that keep bringing me back. I enjoy doing something fun with people I consider friends. As I get older, it is the thing that I miss the most in "adulthood", and the thing that is harder and harder to find. WoW gives me a group of friends to do something with.

prolong

Post by prolong »

I have been playing WoW for a really long time. It is also the video game I spent the most time on. I vividly remember making a night elf, logging in Teldrassil, and looking at the giant trees and the vibrant colors in awe. From that day onward, I became a fan of the World of Warcraft and the game became my favorite place to visit. I love the universe, I love the art of WoW, raids give me a thrill and PVP is a lot of fun. I enjoy the thrill of improving my character through professions, gear, etc. I can log in and have a variety of things to do depending on my moods such as M+, PvP, farming for mounts and transmogs, or whatever. And I get quite a bit of entertainment through buying wow gold. I tried many MMOs since, even the well-known FFXIV, but they lack something, they are not as charming, the races feel empty, the lore hollow, and it just doesn't feel like home the way WoW does.

Jannick

Post by Jannick »

The music, the sets, the characters, the animation, everything is great. I like to roam around the places to do quests because the storyline is interesting and collect minerals and herbs to sell in the auction house, but if you just like fighting and action there are options for this. The point is, it's great for all types of gamers. I really love this game.

Brandonned

-

Post by Brandonned »

i guess world of warcraft is an much better game, even when diablo would be at the same time been released, cause there is much more freedom in WOW. I dont say i dislike diablo ive played it LONG time but to me the multiplayer aspects of an game are the most important ones and i guess WOW is because its an multiplayer based game better then Diablo, But man o man i would love to see an necromancer in WOW

Korobka

Post by Korobka »

I like PvP in Shadowlands WoW. Very interesting mechanics and idea of the Arena and RBG and cool rewards for them. I like the look of the rank and Mount Gladiator, but I'm not a very strong player and that's why I use the boosting service. I buy Coaching or WoW Arena Rating and get cool seasonal rewards
Last edited by Korobka on Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Calawn21

Post by Calawn21 »

Hello,

I am currently playing WoW TBC Classic. But I am already looking forward to WOTLK Classic. This is supposed to be released this year. So far I thought it was a good idea to be able to play the old expansions again. WoW Shadowlands has honestly disappointed me a bit.

Greetings
Here you can find the latest WoW guides and news.