Endpoint for Releasing Soon and Recently Added?

Projects, Applications, and API development.
thesuffering

Endpoint for Releasing Soon and Recently Added?

Post by thesuffering »

https://thegamesdb.net/
on the main page here I see recently added and releasing soon sections, however I do not see endpoints to access these via the api docs. Is there any way to access this data?

Zer0xFF

Re: Endpoint for Releasing Soon and Recently Added?

Post by Zer0xFF »

Hi @thesuffering,

currently their is no endpoint for this data.
for recently added, you can replicate this by perioudically updating your local database with latest games from the update api, and sorting in reverse order by ID, as for releasing soon, their is no way beside having a complete copy of the db to sort, though i can see this being a useful endpoint to have, so ill look into this should I have some free time.
Regards
Zer0xFF

thesuffering

Post by thesuffering »

Thank you, I was hoping to not have to clone the entire site locally and was using the API as a front end to get the data but only saving locally what the user ultimately wanted in their library. Increasingly it looks like ill have to mirror to get the functionality im after. Can you advise, is there any way to get results at least in ascending/descending order? For example, when searching all games by platform, the order is fairly random. Itd be nice to have a way to sort these coming from the server vs having to get it all locally and then sorting.

thesuffering

Post by thesuffering »

I was able to achieve ascending order by instead searching by game name with an empty string and filtering by platform id. Its better than nothing, but it would be nice to have some more sorting options available so we could sort descending as well.