Introduction!

This is where you can request API access. Please be sure to mention what your use case is and if possible a link to the project.
Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.
Forum rules
API Keys (unique userpage)
Usergroups (request API Users access here after posting a new topic below)

Please provide a basic overview of your proposed use of the API.
Any request lacking this information will be denied pending an appropriate response.

Please do not request keys as end users of another project, as those projects should request and properly implement their own keys. Key requests of this nature will be removed in the interest of more efficiently handling project requests. Assistance may be available upon contact for projects experiencing issues utilizing the current API.
pepetoni

Introduction!

Post by pepetoni »

Hello! I would like to start using the API in the next days and I read that I should introduce myself to the community.

So I explain a little bit the project. It is about to relate pictures of videogames to the videogame itself. It is a local videogame store and I would like to provide all the information to the final user.

Is there any way to use the API V2 o any way to use an API? Now it seems that the access is free.
Thanks!

Zer0xFF

Re: Introduction!

Post by Zer0xFF »

Hi pepetoni,

please check your PM for your key.

just a few quick notes, the final API revision would contain slightly different field names, as we're currently using the same names from the old database for ease of cross checking, but that will change in about a weeks times, second, the api is current set with X number of request per API key, but in a weeks time it will be ip based limit based on key, in that we'll mange the limit of each ip coming in through a specific key, and finally, in a weeks time that key will stop working and we'll either have a page that will show you your api key, or you'll be sent a new one.
Regards
Zer0xFF